Tuesday, April 22, 2008

no pics

I got to go to lunch yesterday at Pei Wei, and totally enjoyed the food. The place is by the same people who own PF Changs, which I love, but can't afford all that often. The diner like place is way cheaper as there is no wait staff; you order at the counter and someone brings your food to you, like Pic up Stix, but unlike Pix up Stix, the dishes got whisked away as soon as they were empty. I can't wait to go back ; the dan dan noodle bowl at Pei Wei is only $6.95 as opposed to about twice that at PF Changs.. funny thing is, the location is about one freeway offramp away from each other. I had lunch with Liz, another knitter and we showed off socks, she is a representative for really yummy yarns and made socklettes in the most soft yarn, and we got to share food. Oh, I can't forget my Vietnamese rolls, wonderful!! Then we went to her place and got to talking about our hubbies and their hobbies and I got to meet her talking cat. I was so happy, I miss talking kitties, I came to realize mine aren't talking as I guess they have so many others to talk to they don't talk to the owner. Hmm. I hope we do that again. I am still working toes in the Vinca yarn so there isn't much to show off. I ripped one of the socks back about 8 inches one day on the step-mom socks, and last night, ripped about 4" on the other sock. I can not figure why the same size needle, the same yarn and the same hands can produce a fabric on a separate sock that is that much looser. Interesting, and I stayed up late to try to put back the stitches. OK, pix next time, OK?

3 comments:

KnitWithTammy said...

So . . . . what do you think of the Vinca? Is it as nice as you hoped?

Tell me more!

Bobbi said...

LOVE the Vinca, it is soft, to me. Sure softer than the Trekking XXL.

Linda said...

Hi Bobbi, I wasn't able to get back to you via e-mail so here I am. Thank you for reading my blog and for sharing your with me! You asked about the "teal" socks. I believe you are referring to the Austrian Diamonds by Candace Eisner Strick from Knitter's Magazine 84, Fall 2006. I am using Knit Picks Essential in color "Grass". Hope this anwers your question.