Monday, October 20, 2008

Kauni Shawl

This is going to be gorgeous!!! It will be rainbow colored and this is the first diamond on the shawl. I was going to make this one first and started on it over and over but got off track so the Making Tracks shawl was a diversion which will be gotten back to when I have much more done on this shawl.

1 comment:

CatBookMom said...

Very pretty indeed! I have some of the rainbow Kauni, but I haven't yet decided which of the dozens of lace patterns I have is right for it. My mother's favorite crochet motif was the pineapple pattern, and I love the cheerful yellow one you have in your photo. And the matching cat, lol!

And yes, I use the foam mats for blocking, as well as an 8'x4' sheet of styrofoam building insulation. The big sheet sits nicely on the bed right under the ceiling fan, and things dry very quickly that way. Last week it was below 20% humidity and the shawl I blocked for a friend was dry in about 3 hours.